Independent Support Gloucestershire

Supporting you through the Education, Health & Care Plan process

Independent Support Gloucestershire

We can offer free & impartial help if:

  • Your child/young person has a statement of educational needs as they transfer on to an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
  • Your child/young person has educational needs that are not being met within school/college or nursery and you would like them to be assessed for an EHCP
  • You are a young person with a Statement of Educational Needs or a Learning Disability Assessment (LDA) and will be transforming to an EHCP

Tailored support to meet your needs by:

  • Supporting parent/carers and young people to have your views heard and to ensure the aspirations of children and young people are at the core of the plan
  • Helping parent/carers and young people to understand the EHCP process
  • Supporting parent/carers and young people to gather information for the transfer meeting
  • Ensure parent/carers, children and young people are engaged in decisions from the outset
  • Support you to complete forms particularly if this is difficult for you because of disability or literacy difficulties or if English is not your first language

Parents/Carers and Young People (14+) can contact us directly or professionals can refer via:

 Gloucestershire Parent Partnership Service Britt Fox & Karin Young,

Freephone: 0800 158 3603    Email:

Carers Gloucestershire – Independent Support Coordinator Lisa Davenport

Freephone: 0300 111 9000    Email:

Download the leaflet here: Independent Support Leaflet